The School Counseling Department assists students, parents, and school personnel with strategies and techniques essential for academic and personal/social growth. Counselors assist students and families with immediate and long-range educational planning and course selection. All students are assigned a professional counselor according to their last name. Please visit the NNPS School Counseling website for more information as well as scholarship bulletins and financial aid information.
|Name||Position||Students, Programs assigned||Phone|
|Donzaleigh Douglas||Guidance Director||U - Williams||591-4700 x.58534|
|Miriam Bryant||Professional School Counselor||A - F||591-4700 x.58535|
|Heather Powell||Professional School Counselor||G - Mc||591-4700 x.58536|
|Shawnya Simmons||Professional School Counselor||Me - T||591-4700 x.58533|
|Louisa Slagle||IB Counselor||IB & Williamson - Z||591-4700 x.58505|
|Kelli Baylor||Student Support Specialist||Student Support||591-4700 x.58537|
|Lauren Palladini||Career Counselor||College/Career Specialist||591-4700 x.67409|
|Tamika Freeman||Registrar||Registrar||591-4700 x.58502|
|Tammy Ortery||Secretary||Support Staff||591-4700 x.58531|
|Jimmie Gerald||Graduation Coach||Graduation Coach||591-4700 x.58693|
|Kristin Stancil||Graduation Coach||Graduation Coach||591-4700 x.58694|
- To provide a comprehensive guidance program that will empower all students to identify and attain goals that will ensure a happy, productive and rewarding future.
- To provide academic counseling to all students to ensure that their program of studies will help them prepare for their future.
- To provide a comprehensive college and career exploration program that will assist all students to identify colleges, majors, and careers, that best match their future plans, personality, aptitudes and interests.
- To provide personal counseling, individual and group, that will assist the student(s) in identifying and resolving issues that serve as obstacles to achieving their goals.
- To assist parents in their efforts to provide the best educational experience possible.
- To provide a plan to assist students, teachers and parents resolve conflicts which our inhibiting the attainment of personal, classroom and household goals.
- To provide the administration, faculty, and support staff assistance in identifying the most effective methods to achieve personal and organizational goals.