School Counseling Vision Statement
The Warwick School Counseling Department establishes a vision of excellence for comprehensive school counseling that is aligned with high standards and high expectations, focused on success for all students to become college, career, and citizen ready in the 21st century. SCHOOL
Counseling Mission Statement
Warwick High School’s Counseling Department is unified with the school’s mission of offering access to a diverse and challenging school program for all students to excel in preparation for college, employment, and productive citizenship for the 21st century. The School Counseling Department provides all students with a comprehensive and developmental school counseling program in which professional school counselors advocate for the equal and equitable treatment for all students. The School Counseling Department also partners with community resources that address academic, career, and personal/social needs of all students. The professional school counselors also promote the goals of students as they aspire to achieve their full potential as lifelong learners and successful citizens in the 21st century.
The School Counseling Department assists students, parents, and school personnel with strategies and techniques essential for academic and personal/social growth. Counselors assist students and families with immediate and long-range educational planning and course selection. All students are assigned a professional counselor according to their last name. Please visit the NNPS School Counseling website for more information as well as scholarship bulletins and financial aid information.
|Name||Position||Students, Programs assigned||Phone|
|Donzaleigh Douglas||Guidance Director||U - Williams||591-4700 x.58534|
|Miriam Bryant||Professional School Counselor||A - F||591-4700 x.58535|
|Heather Powell||Professional School Counselor||G - Mc||591-4700 x.58536|
|Shawnya Simmons||Professional School Counselor||Me - T||591-4700 x.58533|
|Louisa Slagle||IB School Counselor||IB & Williamson - Z||591-4700 x.58505|
|Kelli Baylor||Student Support Specialist||Student Support||591-4700 x.58537|
|Raven Webb||Career Counselor||College/Career Specialist||591-4700 x.67409|
|Tamika Freeman||Registrar||Registrar||591-4700 x.58502|
|Deborah Keemer-Brown||Office Assistant||Support Staff||591-4700 x.58531|
|Jimmie Gerald||Graduation Coach||Graduation Coach||591-4700 x.58693|
|Kristin Stancil||Graduation Coach||Graduation Coach||591-4700 x.58694|
- To provide a comprehensive guidance program that will empower all students to identify and attain goals that will ensure a happy, productive and rewarding future.
- To provide academic counseling to all students to ensure that their program of studies will help them prepare for their future.
- To provide a comprehensive college and career exploration program that will assist all students to identify colleges, majors, and careers, that best match their future plans, personality, aptitudes and interests.
- To provide personal counseling, individual and group, that will assist the student(s) in identifying and resolving issues that serve as obstacles to achieving their goals.
- To assist parents in their efforts to provide the best educational experience possible.
- To provide a plan to assist students, teachers and parents resolve conflicts which our inhibiting the attainment of personal, classroom and household goals.
- To provide the administration, faculty, and support staff assistance in identifying the most effective methods to achieve personal and organizational goals.